Elementary school section admissions requirements:
In addition to completing all of the normal admissions procedures, admission is dependent upon:
- Relevant grade level Admission tests in English, Math, Social and emotional skills, and Motor skills have been completed at least at a satisfactory level. For children applying in Kindergarten grade, a special School readiness test will be applied.
- Student’s previous academic records or transcriptions, which are reviewed along with the Admission test results by the AITIS staff.
- As a rule, a child will be placed according to his/her age in the relevant grade level. However, if deemed necessary by the Principal, class teacher, and parents, a child may be accepted into the class one grade below or one grade above their age.
- Rules for accepting one grade above:
- The student has already completed a Grade in his/her previous school but according to official AITIS age rules, should be placed in the same Grade level again.
- The age gap would not be more than 6 months compared to AITIS official age rules.
- The Student has completed the Grade with minimum of ‘good’ (B) and the subjects and topics correspond with AITIS curriculum.
- The Student will take an Admission test for one grade level above.
- Rules for accepting one grade below:
- Students Admission test result for applied grade level is below satisfactory level.
AIT age reruirements for Elementary school section are as follows:
|Grade||Minimum age in July 31st||Minimum age in January 31st|
|G -1||6 years||6 years 6 months|
|G – 2||7 years||7 years 6 months|
|G – 3||8 years||8 years 6 months|
|G – 4||9 years||9 years 6 months|
|G – 5||10 years||10 years 6 months|
|G – 6||11 years||11 years 6 months|