Students who score less than 60% in English from KG to Grade 2 or 70% for Grade 3 to Grade 6 in the Admission test will be provided English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction. Limited English proficiency may be due to the following:
- A student understands, speaks, reads, and writes his/her native language fluently but does not understand, speak or write English.
- A student has limited understanding of spoken English but does not speak it.
- A student understands and speaks English on a limited basis but is unable to read or write English.
- A student apparently understands and speaks English but encounters difficulty in comprehending the specialized language and concepts contained in the different content areas.
- A student understands and speaks English with a limited vocabulary.
The ESL program will be offered in there levels as follows:
In the end of a semester, by the recommendation of the ESL or Class Teacher, a student can be given an assessment test and based on the results, he/she can be promoted to the next ESL program level: from a Beginner program to an Intermediate program and from an Intermediate program to an Advanced program.